Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
OS / Version: iOS / 1.5.7
Compatible: iPhone iPad
Publisher's description - MailOnline 1.5.7
This app is different to any app you may have used before and it is a simple way to access great content on the move!
Our app has been optimised for Apple’s mobile devices and offers various features that will allow you to stay up to date with the latest news, gossip, sport, pictures from mailonline.com. Over 84 million users a month have made MailOnline the World`s 2nd largest newspaper site.
Other Features -An offline mode The MailOnline app pre-loads content to give you words and pictures instantly, even if you are offline, on a plane, train, Tube or merely without reception.
- Your connection A Wi-Fi connection is fastest, has no data charges and also syncs all images at once.
A 3G connection will also work fine, although this will be slightly slower and may incur data charges. By default 3G is only set to sync images as you view them. It will also only sync a limited number of channels until you access them. You may like to change these defaults in Settings.
- Customise your syncing We recommend that if possible you do the first sync of the day on Wi-Fi. This means you will receive all the words and pictures for that day’s news on your app. You can then access this even when you have no phone signal.
When first connected (or unused for a long period), this app will conduct a complete sync with MailOnline to bring you all of our great content to your iPhone. After that, we will only download the pictures for the articles you download unless you change the settings.
You can decide which parts of the app you would like to sync - and when - in the settings screen.
- Select a location When you start the app for the first time you will be given the option to select your region from UK, US or Rest of the World to ensure you get the relevant news and showbiz channels. You can change this at any time in the Settings section of the app.
- Browse and read stories from your favourite channels You can access all the latest news stories on our homepage. There are also homepages for Showbiz, Femail and Sport. These will update automatically. You can choose other favourite channels by tapping edit in the More section.
- Easy to navigate You can enjoy browsing great content, pan and zoom in to view any page, article or photo, customise areas and share with friends.
When viewing an article you swipe left and right to navigate to the next or previous story.
- Show me pictures! Tap on the camera icons in an article to view all pictures in a story, the More Pictures link or tap on any thumbnail at the bottom of stories. Inside the gallery you can scroll, pinch or swipe your way through all the images that appear in a story.
- Share with friends You can share your favourite stories with friends, post on Facebook, Twitter or email them without leaving the app.
The "Download" link for MailOnline 1.5.7 directs you to the iTunes AppStore, where you have to continue the download process.You must have an iTunes account to download the application. This download link may not be available in some countries.